Thursday 30 April 2009

names

i was accused of having too many names today during a student committee meeting. it was funny cos it was one of my lecturers who looked bemused when we were doing introductions.

LOL. it's true.

my offical "unoffical" name within the school, which appears on my name tag, is "Yanz" (basically a typo, which i am too stingy to fork out $17 to rectify); it's also the name most of my friends from the previous year group know me as. i usually introduce myself as "Ian" to Westerners, just to save on confusion, but i sign my emails as "Yan." "Yan" is strictly how i should call myself, if we go by the process of adopting a name by choosing one monosyallable from within the original, lol, and it's how most Asian friends call me.

doesn't bother me, really, LOL, but i guess i can see how it can be confusing.

No comments: