Sunday 2 March 2008

post 58. calling Zhou lao shi

so, was feeling in the shits, which more discerning readers can pick up from the previous posts. and heck, i wanted to talk to him anyway cos i do kinda miss him.

it's kinda lonely practising on my own. we used to talk during our short breaks, and now all i have for company is my water bottle and mobile. not the most communicative of partners.

so i called him cos i missed him and cos i was feeling in the shits too. haha. intention was to talk a bit to him about my problem, but just hearing him talk to me prepped me up lots already, so in the end i didn't talk to him about it.

had a moment of shock though, when he actually called me by name. it was the first time he did so, and i always thought he doesn't remember my name cos he has so many students. when he called my name, had a brainfreeze and was frantically wondering what obscure chinese term he was using before i realised he was saying my name. maybe because i also don't allow many ppl to call me by my full name. (it's a thing with me: i only allow those people i really like to call me by my full name. or you have to be an elder. hah.)

for some obscure reason, i was quite touched.

but yeah, we yakked for almost an hour! thank god for phone cards. lol, he was quite chatty so i was wondering if he misses having someone to talk to. (hehe. my ego at work here). turns out things didn't work out as intended for him too.

but it's okay. we both can take it. (it being our respective problems. lol, in case that wasn't clear) ^^

No comments: