Saturday 26 January 2008

post 52. happy australia day 2008

It's Australia Day again.

Two years ago, or was it only a year ago, we went to the river front to see the fireworks because she loves fireworks. I wish I could remember exactly how long ago it was. We had an argument, most likely because I didn't want to be there. It was hot. We went to the Gelare at Mill Point for ice cream and to escape the heat. When walking along the river-front, an Aussie teen stopped us and asked us to pose for her pic, demanding that we do the Japanese peace-sign thing with the fingers. It was funny because I was sulking moodily at the time, and also because Aussies can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese.

She was right to drag me out though. The fireworks were beautiful.

Happy Australia Day.

No comments: